Senior Associate, Enterprise Systems Engineering
- Collaborate with project management resources, operations and other engineering groups, to give a cohesive design for business I.T. Systems.
- Vendor management for roadmap and vision
- Responsible for VMware and Microsoft Virtualization strategy
Systems Architect, Open Systems Engineering
2009-2011Lead storage implementation engineer for IBM N-Series and Network Appliance storage area networks, including Cisco and Brocade switching environments.
- Excelled in customer satisfaction during the sales and implementation processes.
- Worked with vendors to maintain training and sales perspective
- Chief data center architect for SIS Cloud Services
- Collaborated with internal resources, sales and other service groups, to give a cohesive message to the end user and provide excellent communication to the customer.
Senior Professional, Global Midrange Architect
2007-2008Facilitated large scale projects for deployment in multiple data centers. Designed and managed RedHat Linux deployment infrastructure and supervised five staff members for build and maintenance. Defined document system management standards and validated implementations. Member of SAN architect team for EMC systems worldwide.
- Worked with the Supply Chain Functional IT area to determine system needs, and prevented an anticipated? $750K purchase by using used equipment vendors to right size environment.
- Worked with project management teams to introduce Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) tools and ideals. Created task templates for midrange design and implementation projects resulting in improved process times.
Senior Associate, Global Infrastructure Architect
2003-2007Researched emerging infrastructure products. Developed infrastructure road map with global architects to coordinate product life-cycle. Worked with regional specialists to ensure that all global requirements were understood. Lead technical evaluation teams to develop general templates for implementation of new global standards. Specified data protection standards and participated in disaster recovery exercises.
- Chief SAN architect for EMC systems worldwide. Deployed first DMX, Clariion, & Cellera in data centers worldwide resulting in faut tolerant, systems with detailed disaster recovery plans.
- Project managed and lead designer of migration of 42 US offices from Novell Netware and NDS to Microsoft Windows 2003 and Active Directory. This resulted in a cost avoidance of over $4MM.
- Designed and deployed VmWare ESX; reduced data center and avoided $750K in hardware costs.
- Designed first enterprise backup system using Commvault Galaxy; reduced yearly software cost by $1.2M.
Senior Network Systems Analyst
2002-2003Performed day to day operations, as part of 25 member team to keep servers and network secure and reliable for business applications. Collaborated with many other teams during outages and system upgrades to offer technical assistance. Administered Microsoft Windows, Cisco routers and switches, IBM Tivoli, and Veritas Netback for backup and recovery.
- Worked with security team to bring all servers to C2 level while coordinating audit testing with Humana Military Health Services and US Government.
- Designed and implemented a web enabled tape backup organization process flow to more efficiently organize systems and complete backup with greater accuracy.
Chief Technology Officer
2000-2002Founded one of earliest data center outsourcing companies in Louisville, KY metro area. Procured $4MM in startup capital from angel financing. Lead consulting engagements for design and planning for customers’ networks and system layouts. Conducted vendor contracts; reduced costs by nearly 50% over initial negotiations. Supervised technical design and operations staff for internal deployment and ongoing customer requirements.
- Achieved EBITDA and cash flow positive in less than two years time.
- Designed and implemented system and network design and operations of initial and ongoing Xodiax infrastructure, leading to 99.999% uptime.
- Negotiated with Qwest Wholesale to be listed as telecommunications carrier and to have reseller access to their products. Granted use of Olympic logo and lowest local loop charges of all resellers.
- Completed IBM Hosting Advantage Partner certification, an ISO9000 like certification that solely focuses on technology.
Managing Director of Research and Development
1995-2000Broadwing Communications (internet division purchased by Cincinnati Bell)
ntr.net Corporation (purchased by IXC/Broadwing)
Founded one of earliest Internet companies in Louisville, KY metro area. Received $1MM in startup capital from angel financing. Managed research personnel and programming team for ongoing product development and delivery. Planned strategic goals and initiatives for the network and system infrastructures. SWOT assessments of new and emerging businesses for acquisition.
- Sold company for $12.5MM after 3 years in business.
- Managed migration of 60,000+ user base to merged IXC retail brand.
- Manager/member of first team to integrate two international internet backbone providers in 1995, to provide transparent access to all end-users with zero downtime during migration. Reduced operating costs by 50%.
- Planned and wrote multi-level sales system, with full integration in Sybase database for auto-creation of accounts resulting in the ability to allow resellers to assume the identity of a provider with no infrastructure.